Tuesday 20th Bike ride??

Home Forums Messages click here Tuesday 20th Bike ride??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill boley
    Participant

Anyone fancy a bike ride on Tuesday? I’ve got to drive Bill to Sheffield train station and then pick him up again later on . And I’ve got a new bike. I dont care where we go as long it has a cafe.
    Let me know if you are interested and sort out times from Bill

Elen

David Crowther
    Keymaster

I’m interested Elen. Is it a new road bike that you’ve got?
    Dave

Bill boley
    Participant

Hello Dave, its a road bike. I was thinking of cycling from Chesterfield Pilsley around Hardwick Hall and head off towards Creswell. about 30miles but route not fully defined yet. Will use the Teversal trail/ 5pits trail to get back so that will be fairly easy cycling. Can start c 11am. Suggest meeting at small car park on the SE side of the road going into Pilsley from theB6039 at Hardstoft. Ive only got an old map which doesn’t show the trail, but I think the grid ref is 430 6245. I will check tomorrow and post if different.

Its my old stamping ground and nice cycling with some archaeological interest – mesolithic and industrial. Somehow the sky seems bigger around Bolsover, perhaps because there a less hills, but don’t be disappointed it isn’t without ascents.!

David Crowther
    Keymaster

OK, Elen, see you at the car park ready for a start at 11. I have a new-to-me hybrid that I want to try out. Is anyone else intending to come? Forecast seems a bit cooler than today.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

OK, Elen, see you at the car park ready for a start at 11. I have a new-to-me hybrid that I want to try out. Is anyone else intending to come? Forecast seems a bit cooler than today.

Dick Murton
    Participant

After todays fiasco when the front brake hydraulics blew a safety seal, so cutting the ride very short, I will come along.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.