Sept 8-10 Tryfan, Wales

Home Forums Messages click here Sept 8-10 Tryfan, Wales

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Gwern Gof Uchaf campsite, nestled at the foot of Tryfan will be our base for this away meet.
    I have booked for arriving Friday 8th (late after travelling from work) and leaving Sunday 10th. Plenty of camping pitches available at present. I checked and forewarned the owners there will be around a dozed or so of us. If you can book yourselves direct with the campsite and let them know you are part of the Castle group.
    Cost is £10/person/night for either tent or campervan. No electric hook-up available.
    The campsite is part of a working farm so strictly no dogs allowed.

Hopefully the weather will be kind so we can get on many of the classic multi-pitch routes of Tryfan. If not then plenty of walking and/or scrambling can be had straight from the campsite.

Can you let me know if you are coming.
    Hope to see plenty of you there.
    Link to campsite:
    https://www.tryfanwales.co.uk/

Kial

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Have people managed to get booked in at the campsite?
    I’ve had a couple of people saying they can’t get through on the phone.
    Who is going that hasn’t managed to get booked in yet? If there is a few then we need a concentrated effort from all and whoever gets through first should book everyone else in at the same time….

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

8 members stayed at the Gwern Gof Uchaf campsite at the base of Tryfan, (Eryri). We were blessed with good weather over the weekend. Activities were all climbing based, myself and Andy Ward, Leon & Andrew tackling Direct Route on Glyder Fach whilst Mary & Geoff climbed Slab Route alongside us. Julian & Marcelina opted for a day on Little Tryfan joined by a passing visit from Pete Hammond. The following day we decided to keep low down for an easy retreat before the forecast rain rolled in; Geoff and Mary heading to Milestone Buttress, Leon & Andrew going to Little Tryfan with the rest of us heading to Bochlwyd Buttress.
    Best achievement of the weekend goes to Mary for getting a crane fly out of her tent all by herself.
    Best gear rescue: came from a couple from Sheffield following myself and Andy up the last pitch of Direct Route.
    Thanks everyone for another great away meet.

Photos can be found in MeetUp with the following link (Can other attendees add their pics to the album? It would be good to have them all in one place).
    https://www.meetup.com/castle-mountaineering-club/photos/33920394/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.