Saturday 28th October-South Head & Dragons Back Walk

Home Forums Messages click here Saturday 28th October-South Head & Dragons Back Walk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

Meet at the roadside parking near Upper Booth (Grid ref 108847) at 0830.Early,but the parking is popular and fills up quickly.If the parking is full there is parking on the area underneath the railway bridge- just before you reach the parking- and there is a small roadside area just before the railway bridge which may be available.
    The walk climbs Jacob’s Ladder to reach Kinderlow End (either over the tops or by the path below -depending on the conditions) with a steady descent to Kinder Reservoir .From there the valley leads to the foot of Tunstead Clough before ascending to reach & traverse the Dragon’s Back ridge and climb to the summits of Mount Famine & South Head with suitably impressive views.All that is left then is the walk back to Jacob’s ladder and Upper Booth. .
    12.5 miles approx.
    Given the parking issues, car sharing is recommended (I can fit 3 in my car).
    Let me know if you will be coming & if you would like a lift..
    Mike Doyle

mike doyle
    Participant

Reminder for the South Head & Dragons Back walk next Saturday 28th October.
    Meet at the road side parking below Upper Booth -G.R.108847-at 0830.The early start due to the popularity of the parking area.See my previous notice on the web site for full details (& alternative parking).
    12.5 miles combining Kinder Low End,Mount Famine & South Head.Reasonably energetic with great views.
    Forecast reasonable at present.
    Car sharing advised .Let me know if you are coming and if you would like a lift (I can take 3).
    Mike Doyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.