Peak District Boundary Walk – 30th September – Final Stage

Home Forums Messages click here Peak District Boundary Walk – 30th September – Final Stage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Meet at Buxton rail station for the 9.27am train to Whaley Bridge.
    Allow yourselves plenty of time, as the ticket buying process can be rather drawn out.
    Single fare is about £5.50, discounted for Rail Card holders and senior citizens. Buying joint tickets (ie 2 people) is also cheaper, so pair up if you are on your own.
    Buy your car park ticket with the rail ticket (£2) otherwise it’s £4 at the pay and display machine. Tickets must be displayed on your car. Parking is all day.
    We should start walking just before 10am. and I would expect us to arrive in Buxton between 4 and 5pm. The walk finishes at the King’s Head, in the Market Square, where we will eat, and then a leisurely 10 minute stroll will take us back to the cars.
    If you want to join for the meal only please let me know asap, if you haven’t already done so.
    Distance is 9.2miles with 1216ft of ascent, and spectacular views over the Goyt Valley.
    Please contact me if you require further information.
    Sean.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Would anyone like to car share to Buxton on Saturday for the walk? Give me a call if you do. Cheers, Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.