New Year’s Day Dip and Walk

Home Forums Messages click here New Year’s Day Dip and Walk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

On 1st January (this Saturday) I shall be taking a quick cold water ddddip followed by a wwwwwww
    #’#walk to welcome the New Year 2022 (approx5- 7 miles according to how cold folk become!).
    Meet 10.00 am Baslow public car park – which is pay and display, near the village green GR 257722
    There is alternative street parking but this fills quickly.
    Walk Chatsworth – Hunting Tower, dip/swim Emperor Lake – warm up – Dobb Edge – cross below Gardhoms Edge – ascend to Wellington monument – descend to Baslow.
    If dipping please make sure you bring hot drinks and plenty of warm layers and towel. Snacks for afterwards very important also. Wear a hat in the water if not used to cold water. Again if not used to cold water and have access to a wet suit, neoprene gloves and feet, then bring these also as may be needed.
    All welcome – even if not dipping. However the emphasis for this adventure is “dip” so be prepared to wait for dippers to dry off and warm up before the walk continues.
    Forecast quite mild for time of year and dry! Cannot say the same for the water.
    Message me if definitely going so I know who to look out for.
    Ali 07876542053

Christine Kell
    Participant

Sooo sorry I’m away for New Year’s Day. (Phew!)
    Enjoy the dip everyone and Happy New Year!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.