My 70th birthday event 7/9th July Report

Home Forums Messages click here My 70th birthday event 7/9th July Report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

Despite a rather unpromising mwis forecast Saturday dawned sunny & clear.
    10 members & 3 others walked up past the Flynnon Lugwy reservoir & the steep climb to the ridge above leading y to Carnedd Llewellyn .4 bottles of Proseco & birthday cake were consumed with Mike reading 2 poems from the “Owl and the Crag Rat” collection. Unfortunately,because of his hernia, Mike did not manage a Mick Jagger act or anything else in that vein.
    After the summit celebration 5 members of the party peeled off to do Yr Elen while the remaining 8 continued along the ridge past Carnedd Dafydd & Carnedd Fach to Pen-Yr Olewen whose eastern ridge provided an interesting descent-scrambly in places-back to the Ogwen valley.The Yr Elen breakaway group followed not far behind.
    There was a party for 20 at the Bryn Tyrc Inn later where Mike,taking a leaf from the Rolling Stones,reminisced on the “good,the bad and the hard times” of his 51 year mountaineering career.
    Sunday was another excellent day with lots of sun.
    A party of 9 with 2 non members did the hugely enjoyable scramble up the north ridge of Tryfan.Mike’s son Mark was the only person who dared jump from Adam to Eve & back!
    The descent was then made down “heather terrace” where the participants dispersed to return home.
    A big thank you to all who came and helped make it such a great occasion.
    Mike

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Mike, I have added some more photos to this report on the Meet Reports page. Andy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.