Meet Report – New Year’s Eve walk, Bolsterstone

Home Forums Messages click here Meet Report – New Year’s Eve walk, Bolsterstone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Warwick
    Participant

Apologies for the delay in posting this, it’s been quite hard to find the right words. First, let me say a huge thankyou to all who were able to come along, and to those of you who were unable to make it but who messaged me. Twenty five of us gathered at Bolsterstone and we were joined by Rebecca and Richard. They really appreciated the chance to meet many of you for the first time and to hear many kind words about Sue, their Mum.
    Suffice to say that we followed Ali’s route from last year along the ridge to the ‘Wantley Dragon’, a drystone and wooden representation of the dragon of local legend, slain by a certain More of More Hall in the dim and distant past. We paused here for coffee and ‘whisky mac’, a toast being drunk to absent friends. A short diversion followed, courtesy of Dave C, who revealed that the dragon had left a legacy – an egg, carefully concealed and only to be revealed to the chosen few! Down in the valley we followed the south side of the reservoirs before the final steep haul back up to the village.
    At the Castle Inn some came in for a drink, some stayed out for a drink and some departed. It didn’t matter which, it had been a memorable day, blessed with dry weather and even some sunshine. Rebecca, Richard and I really enjoyed spending the day with all of you and, for me, it felt as if another corner had been turned.
    Cheers
    Steve W

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.