Library Night Thurs 11th November 8pm

Home Forums Messages click here Library Night Thurs 11th November 8pm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

Following Librarian David’s excellent book reviews (and my picture ones on Facebook) the Library will be OPEN on Thursday evening 11th November from 8pm in the Clubroom.
    Come along and see and borrow for yourself. Food and drink available from the Rising Sun.
    If you are a recent member and haven’t had chance, due to Covid, to visit the Clubroom, come along, the climbing wall, Inc top ropes is well worth a visit, bouldering mat in situ and a homemade Guide Book can provide a fun evening. The Clubroom is situated behind the Rising Sun on Abbey Lane.
    Paul and Vanda

vanda boyd
    Participant

Update. Vanda and I are going for tea in the Rising Sun first. From 7pm if anybody wants to join us.
    We’ll 0get the heating on early so the Clubroom should be toasty warm by 8pm.

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Just to make people aware this is at THE SAME TIME as Geoff’s skills share session on abseiling in the club room for anyone interested. This is at 7pm. (FYI – I’ve emailed potential members about this too).

[Strange how the club room is hardly used then all of a sudden we have a double booking]

vanda boyd
    Participant

Must admit we didn’t check the Meets List but should work really well! An hour’s abseiling then sit and pick books about routes which need abseils.
    We’re still going to pub for tea first though, hope not to get into abseiling off situations again, been there, done that.
    Cheers
    Paul and Vanda.

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Just thought….For people to be aware of avaliable space in the club room; Geoff will have ~8 people in the club room between 7-8:30pm. I don’t want people to feel too crowded if there’s lots coming to view the library too. It may just be a case of turn up and assess the situation yourselves with the option of wearing a face mask and hand santiser.
    I’ll miss this one but hopefully be at the next.
    Gem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.