Kildale 14/15th Sept 19

Home Forums Messages click here Kildale 14/15th Sept 19

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill boley
    Participant

Still plenty of room for the above, there will be someone there whatever time you want to turn.
    Bill

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

Does anyone travelling up to Kildale during the day on Friday fancy meeting up at Whitestone Cliffe, below Sutton Bank. It has the best VS in Yorkshire (allegedly!) : The Night Watch VS 4b. But a lot of the other routes sound loose so it seems like a place to cherry-pick a few classic routes rather than spend the whole day. It is also near Gormire Lake which is a popular outdoor swimming venue. I can be there from 12md onwards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I might be up for that Paul- I know Lake Gormire well. Sutton Bank bilberries are far better than the ones on our moors too – but its a bit too late in the season for them now- they go quickly.

Hugh Dowling
    Participant

Hi Paul
    You are both welcome. The cost is £18.50 per person payable to the club treasurer by bank transfer.

NB The walk is 5 miles long, over some quite rugged moorland terrain and has to be done in 2-3 hours in order to catch the boat back.

Regards
    Hugh.

Hugh Dowling
    Participant

Hi Paul
    You are both welcome. The cost is £18.50 per person payable to the club treasurer by bank transfer.

NB The walk is 5 miles long, over some quite rugged moorland terrain and has to be done in 2-3 hours in order to catch the boat back. Sorry but dogs aren’t allowed on the boat.
    Regards
    Hugh.

Elen Rees
    Participant

Anyone going to Kildare fancy a shared meal. Sue has offered up a coconut vegan curry. I’ll bring salad and pud. Bring something to share and join in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.