Edale to Sheffield Walk Saturday 1 October

Home Forums Messages click here Edale to Sheffield Walk Saturday 1 October

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.
    Longer walk challenge. Approx 18-20 miles, starting at Dore railway station and finishing there. Parking is free.
    Early train to Edale at 0720. Adult single £7.10. Buy own ticket in advance. Next train is double the price??

Route -Edale – Hollins Cross -Losehill – Win Hill, -Bamford – Hathersage – Dennis Knoll – Stanage Edge – Rud Hill – Ringinglow – Limb Valley – Ecclesall Woods – Dore Station.
    Plenty of options to bail out by bus or train along the way. Bring supplies but some opportunities to buy along the way.
    If forecast is foul then I will offer a shorter day walk and reschedule. I would like to gauge interest so please respond in the next few days if anyone would like to come along. Either WhatsApp 07876542053 or email aliwilliams2011@hotmail.co.uk.
    Ali

John Barnard
    Participant

I’m afraid this plan may get disrupted by rail strikes planned for 1 and 5 October: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/16/rail-strikes-october-conservative-conference-train-operators-walkout

Alison Milne
    Participant

Edale -Sheffield Walk 1 October CANCELLED DUE TO TRAIN STRIKE

Thank you to all those who replied showing interest. Thank you JB for posting re scheduled train strikes. I have checked websites and these will affect the proposed early Saturday train.
    As one of the objectives of the walking focus group was to be more sustainable in walking meets, I feel that using cars to ferry people around does not really meet this criteria. Therefore this meet will be offered at another time.
    However, I will arrange a walk for that day , with sustainability in mind!! Probably not as long but around
    12-15 miles. I will post in a few days.
    Remember this is also the date for the CLIMBERS/WALKERS SOCIAL, so a good idea not to be too trashed should you want to go out and be sociable!
    Thanks Ali

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.