Combs & Castle Naze walk 13th August

Home Forums Messages click here Combs & Castle Naze walk 13th August

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

A circular walk starting from the pretty village of Combs in a quiet corner of the Peak District with excellent views of the Combs valley and the crags and moorland by Castle Naze/the Goyt valley.
    Meet in the centre of Combs by the Beehive pub (G.R.042785).From Chapel-en-Le Frith follow the B5470 and take the signposted turn off for Combs.
    (NB If parking by the bungalow with a line of flowers by the roadside take care not to park on the flagstones!The owner doesn’t mind careful parkers,but is concerned about damage to his flagstones.)
    From the centre of Combs the walk climbs steeply to Combs Edge above Castle Naze and then follows the edge across Combs Moss before descending to the White Hall centre.From here a bridleway descends to the A5004 which is then crossed.
    A field path then leads towards Long Hill.Further paths lead to Old Road and Wythen Lache befor the return to Combs with a small deviation to a lovely view point with commanding views of the area.
    Distance approx 9 miles.
    Hope to see you there-but let me know beforehand if you are coming.
    In view of the distance car sharing would be sensible.I can offer up to 4 places in my car
    Mike Doyle

mike doyle
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to give the start time for this walk which is at 10.30 am
    Let me know if you are coming
    Mike D

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.