Bike ride report, Sat Nov 10th

Home Forums Messages click here Bike ride report, Sat Nov 10th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

I think this two trails loop must have a jinx on me – last time I led it we lost Andy with a broken saddle and my pannier rack broke., This time Chris K had to turn back with a slowly deflating rear tyre (suspected damaged rim), and we never even found Hugh (or rather he never found us).

Anyway, a nice mixed 28 mile circuit which was enjoyed by the completing team of Kathy, Kial and me. Up the Monsal trail from Coombs Lane with colourful leaf displays and great views, then a haul up the Pennine Bridleway (even Kial had to push through lack of traction) and over to the High Peak Trail on farm tracks and minor roads. Parsley Hay cafe was open, providing welcome hot drinks and a lunch stop, then down to Friden where we caught a shower. Onto road from there, we wheeled down through Middleton to Youlgreave, where we found Phil Bartlett just leaving his house with new dog. We took the road route back to Bakewell, avoiding the nice but muddy bridlepath from last time (the author has to confess pushing up Quiet Lane) and back down Coombs Lane to find Chris K’s car gone, but Hugh’s there…. a few texts established that he had tried to catch us up, but was at that time soaking wet at Parsley Hay. He got back merely damp. I understand.

Thanks to all for turning out.

A tad under 4 hours, next time I might lengthen the route a bit – if anyone will join me!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.