Dark Peak walk Sat 11 November 2023

Home Forums Messages click here Dark Peak walk Sat 11 November 2023

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gordon riley
    Participant

This is the walk I had to postpone in July

Meet at Doctors Gate parking area on A57 Snake road GR 096 928 on Dark Peak 1;25000 map at 10 00 am and aim to finish about 4 00pm. Distance will be around 15 km i.e. just short of 10 miles.
    Route will include Mill Hill and North West end of Kinder and look at wreckage from a large bomber from WW2 and the wreckage trail from 2 jet fighters which collided in mid-air in 1954. Interesting stories
    See you there
    Any issues/questions phone 07811986415
    Gordon

Eli Shannon
    Participant

Is there anyone that could pick me up from the Climbing Hanger car park for this walk please?

gordon riley
    Participant

Eight of us enjoyed a really good day with clear dry weather and light winds. The plan was to look at two crash sites, a B24 liberator bomber from WW2 and two sabre Jet fighters that collided in mid air in 1954. All of the above was achieved including tracing the wreckage trail from the top of Kinder to the lower ground by the snake path passing several areas of wreckage including wings, landing wheels, tailplanc and a jet engine. The 2 minutes silence was appropriately observed at a point between Snake Top and Mill Hill.

Thanks everyone for your company and making it such a good day. There are photos on both walkers and climbers wattsap groups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.