Xmas Thurs walk report , 17th December 2015

Home Forums Messages click here Xmas Thurs walk report , 17th December 2015

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

17 (I think) humans and Coco the dog had a dry and warm walk today, with good visibility. White Edge was a bit boggy in places, and we had a group photo at the trig point. We had an extended time in the Grouse, where another 8 joined us, and relaxed over snacks, meals and drinks.
    Rosy gave a summary of the year, 50 walks, only one cancelled due to too much snow, and one would have been Xmas day- not bad really. Mike and John Murton both led 7 walks, and 14 different leaders contributed to the walks. Have had some new walkers this year too. Andy has put a section on the website on the home page which gives future meets, messageboard information, and past meet reports. making everything go into one section. Impressive.
    David read out a poem by Douglas Fraser, ‘Song of an Unfit Climber ‘, and we were all glad we had finished eating!!
    Sean then read his poem, which he will have to tell you what it is- it had us all laughing, very enjoyable.
    We were just all saying farewells to those not continuing the walk, and I just popped into the bar to thank them, and check we had all paid….shock horror, someone eating a turkey dinner had not paid , and walked out!!!! I used my ample decibels to catch all, no one admitting to it, until, someone who was about to drive off, wound down the window to see what the fuss was about, and then ran back in!!!! He limped back out looking rather sheepish, and the rabble heckled him!!
    We escaped any rain on the return leg back along Froggatt and Curbar Edge. Thanks to all for turning out, and for the enjoyable times we have had in 2015. There is one more walk- New Years Eve- Dick will be posting details soon.
    Cheers Linda. ps Please can Dave C and Vanda pass any suitable photos on. We left the camera in the car…..

John Hutch
    Participant

Very tactful description of my near runner! πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.