Wildcat 17th Oct

Home Forums Messages click here Wildcat 17th Oct

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

A great limestone crag with routes up to 50m on good quality rock, mainly HS and above. Lots of cracks, grooves, ribs and aretes.
    Park in the Station Yard carpark (you’ll need to pay, no free parking close by). https://goo.gl/maps/GoveWFG2Z3iYfrVG8
    I’ll be at the carpark from 9.45am and will start to walk up to the crag at 10am sharp.
    Approach:
    Head south past the Pavillion (Mining Museum), through the gardens and across the metal bridge. The main part of the crag is up and to the right.
    Grid Ref: SK296578

Will relocate venue if weather is bad, will let everyone know Saturday 16th or you can call 07917440918.

Richard Pegram
    Participant

Is there enough up to HS to keep you occupied?

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Hi Richard, only 2 routes below HS.
    A few HS routes then loads of VS and above. To be fair they are easy in the grade and are longer routes so probably enough HS to keep you busy for the day.
    Also a good number of two pitch routes so you can always do alternate leads and take the easier pitch.

Richard Pegram
    Participant

After all that I can’t make it now. Sounds really interesting. I did climb on Willersley nearby years ago. Anyway, hope the day goes well. And BTW, was at Burbage South today- the Kidney is a really interesting boulder.

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Weather forecast not looking the best for tomorrow with chance of rain until 11am.
    I’ll assess again in the morning but forecast is pretty much the same for the whole of the peaks so not worth a change of venue.
    I’ll let everyone know by 9am tomorrow if it’s still going ahead, it might just mean a slightly later start.
    Can people let me know if you are thinking of coming
    Thanks
    Kial

Steve Leather
    Keymaster

‘m coming down to Matlock to visit family anyway so will go to Wildcat after lunch (1ish}. Please text if no-one’s going to be there!). I’m afraid I’m not on the WhatsApp group.

Steve (07596000177)

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Forecast is slightly better today with no rain after 10am.
    I aim to be at the crag for 11am so leaving carpark at 10.45.
    Let me know your coming please so I don’t make a wasted trip.

Steve I’ll let you know before 1pm if people are still there.

Thanks
    Kial

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.