Walk Week

Home Forums Messages click here Walk Week

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Looks like a good buzz for cycle week. Good to hear from you, Russ . Marianne, I haven’t got your email so I will chuck in a very public 3lbs weight loss.

But looking on I am a bit worried about the walk 500 – and I need to know if I need to plan any long runs…

Linda has a good long walk planned on Thursday, and I think others may be doing a good shorter walk that day too.

To get some mileage in would anyone be interested in the following walks – or let me know if they overlap with other plans. Times can changed if they do clash.

Tues 18th July c 6.30pm A circular walk of 5 miles around Ramsley Moor, unfortunately I think the reservoir has been drained, so no opportunity for a quick swim.
    Friday 21st:c 6.30pm. A leisurely run down hill from the top of Higgar Tor to the swimming pool. 2.5 miles (plus the walk up to Higgar Tor in the first place.). Car shuffling needed
    Saturday 22nd July: Boundary Walk: Royston Grange to Thorpe (7.7m) then Thorpe to Waterfall (8m) . Car shuffling required. People are welcome to stay overnight if climbing on Sunday. Or for more walking the boundary walk can be continued from Waterfall to Tittesworth to tie in with the climbers at the Roaches. Or for a really long walk continue on to Wildboarclough.

It’s all excellent training for people going to the Alps this summer

Let me know.

Also is any one interested in planning a walk on Sunday 16th (climbing meet to Shining Clough) or maybe on Wednesday to join up with the climbers on Weds 19th at Baslow?

Talk to me..

Elen

Anonymous
    Inactive

Elen,
    I should be able to fit in with most walks that week, and certainly the PDBW. If your date is definite Andy Smith will update the schedule on the challenge page with your name in red, and change it to green when the stage(s) have been completed. (Isn’t this exciting). Andy is away at the moment but Dave C. may be able to do it in his absence.
    Best wishes,
    Sean.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.