Walk – Thursday 11th January

Home Forums Messages click here Walk – Thursday 11th January

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob Green
    Participant

Just noticed that Linda and Tracy have “stolen” my planned walk. The revised walk will start in Hathersage (outside Alpkit shop) for a stroll up to Stanage via Greens Farm and the Plantation. We will then wander along Stanage, down the Burbage Valley, through Padley Gorge and down to the River Derwent for a gentle walk back to Hathersage. I usually park in Crossland Road/pool area or by the station (people may wish to be controversial and use the car park).

Linda McLeish
    Participant

We changed our plans, as Vanda stole our first idea!! Great minds think alike? Linda

Kathy Burgess
    Participant

After Rob’s walk all are welcome back to ours (Ashleigh, Crossland Rd) for tea and biscuits

Peter Hammond
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    Can you advise the exact distance of your walk.
    Many thanks
    Pete H

Rob Green
    Participant

Revised walk now cuts out Greens Farm and goes from Stanage down through Mitchell Fields and Scraperlow before passing Greenwood Farm towards Upper Padley and heading down to the river Derwent for a wander past the sewage works back to Hathersage. As for distance my cycling gizmo reckons 6.75 miles but a piece of string on a map reckons about 7.5 – 8 miles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.