Tier3 walk Thurs Nov 5th

Home Forums Messages click here Tier3 walk Thurs Nov 5th

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

A six mile tour of Sheffield’s Highland and Lakeland. Park at the top of Brogging lane on the Strines road. There is some hard standing here, or use the verge further along the road (GR SK 227 908). We will plunge into the dark forest of the Wentworth Fitzwilliam estate, emerging on Thornseat Road. Up there to the moors, around the edge of the old quarry area and back east on an old track from the shooting cabins to Mortimer Road. Bridlepath downhill to Dale Road then track down below the dam and around to climb up to join the Sheffield Country walk to the footbridge across to Brogging and back to the cars.

Looks as if there will be a second group. They can park about halfway round the walk on Dale Road (space by the wall, popular with dog walkers, GR SK 246 921) and go the same way round (recommended for better views). Mike D has kindly offered to be second leader.

So far I have the following booked in: Dave C, Geoff, Chris K, John H, John M, Mike D, Vanda, Ali. Still 4 spaces – anyone?

Please call or message me for a place. I’ll update this notice as people check in.
    Dave C

David Crowther
    Keymaster

CANCELLED – Thursday Nov 5th walk

Due to the lockdown this walk is cancelled

David Crowther
    Keymaster

CANCELLED – Thursday Nov 5th walk

Due to the lockdown this walk is cancelled

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.