Thursday walk 26th April

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday walk 26th April

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marianne Lawson
    Participant

Nine of us met in Monyash and we set off down lanes and tracks arriving at Arbor Low. After a little, but not much, skirmishing (this is the Castle Club!) about the £1 entrance fee, we arrived at the Stone Circle. Arbor Low is unusual because the stones are laid flat. After discussion about what, or who to sacrifice we snuggled (it was windy) down for coffee in the hollow of a barrow or was it a henge.
    On we went to Parsley Hay where a very thoughtful member bought the leader a delightful cup of tea, while rumblings were made because we were too early for our lunch stop.
    Questions were being asked about whether we were going to Chester, or were we near Staffordshire, I think I was being rumbled. We stopped for lunch on a grassy bank and became the target for some extremely inquisitive sheep and lambs, we were thoroughly checked out before being declared too boring. Back on the trail we were lucky enough to see a woodpecker thanks to JC.
    We carried on eventually arriving back at Monyash where we met up with Dick. Andy pronounced 10.5 miles and Sean 16 kilometres. This of course meant we could go to the cafe and some of us devour huge pieces of cake (or tart) with our tea. Sorry for overdoing it, novice leader, must try harder… but a great excuse for indulging in lots of cake!! Thanks for coming. Marianne x

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Thanks for the report Marianne (and the x). I have put it on the Thursday walks page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.