Thursday Dec 29th walk

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday Dec 29th walk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

A chance to refresh between the excesses of Christmas and the New Year with a little local walk.

Meet at the car park just off the road at Redmires reservoirs (GR 257857) for an 11am start.

We will go back a little along the road to take the conduit-side path northwards then drop down into the valley with a quick detour to the Headstone. After crossing the A57 we will pass Surrey Farm and Crawshaw Lodge then take Royds Clough to Corker Walls, followed by a short road section to the path to Load Brook. Another bit of road takes us to a path past Swinglee Grange, then across the A57, along Wyming Brook Drive then Headstone Bank and back to the cars. About 7.5 miles by string.`

Dick Murton
    Participant

Since I will not be walking, I have devised a mountain bike route, about 19 miles start and finish from the same spot. If anyone cares to join me….. I have not reccied this so don’t know how difficult it is, but if we are too quick we can return via the Houndkirk road and Lady Canning’s Plantation instead of going up Burbage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.