Thursday 8th Jan Walk Rushup Edge Report

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday 8th Jan Walk Rushup Edge Report

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Eight people assembled at Barber Booth (despite my wrong promise of mud.
    The walk across the fields to the start of Chapel Head Scar was only slightly muddy. The damage caused by off roaders on the main track was apparent A short break was taken before starting along the edge itself. Although it was overcast the views to either side were extensive. After passing Lords Seat (To answer Hugh’s question, It was built just before I was born.) we quickly arrived at Mam Tor summit, in very strong winds. We dropped down the other side and had lunch in a sheltered spot in the old earthworks.
    Still in strong winds and now with ice pellets for extra amusement, we dropped down to Hollins Cross and turned towards Edale. Foul weather caused the ‘zipping up of the jacket. Soon the ice stopped, the wind dropped and the walk back to the cars via Edale, across some slightly muddy fields was completed.
    A circuit well worth doing again for the historic sites and extensive views of the Peak District.

I would have put this in Meet Reports but couldn’t figure out how to. Sorry.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.