Thursday 8th February walk extra

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday 8th February walk extra

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

Original details repeated below. As the walk is a little further away than normal my mobile number is
    07582 634280 for anybody who wants to get in touch just in case they’re running a little late.
    I still haven’t managed to prospect the extra bit but will before Thursday.
    Postcode for Sat Navs to car park is SK6 6N
    Details/map here :
    https://carparkmaps.co.uk/carparks/view/13260

A new meet leader and he’s already breaking the rules! {Although he did ask Rosy first}
    Slightly further away than 30 mins, I took about 40ish last time.
    Come and walk over the HIGHEST CANAL AQUADUCT in England, swimming gear NOT required.
    Meet at the War Memorial in Marple Memorial Park [postcode SK6 6AK]. Very cheap parking adjacent.
    Lots of interest en route apart from the aquaduct.
    Walk is around 6 miles but there’s a possible extension which I haven’t yet investigated, but will asap.
    Cheers
    Paul Gibson

vanda boyd
    Participant

EVEN MORE INFO!
    have been this morning, sign to car park/Memorial Park is missing, so turn right just past the Navigation Inn by a sign for BYLES, immediately opposite LA DOLCE VITA. Car parking appx £1 for 4/5 hours.

Journey time: it took me 25 minutes FROM CASTLETON via Winnats and New Mills. 45 mins from High Storrs Rd.

I’ve found a lovely extra bit, including a visit to a 16th century chapel, with lots of benches outside for coffee/lunch etc.

Still got space if you want a lift.
    Cheers
    Paul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.