Thursday 27th Nov 5 weirs walk- revised notice

Home Forums Messages click here Thursday 27th Nov 5 weirs walk- revised notice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

I did the walk today and checked out parking etc.
    The start will be Lady’s Bridge at the end of Castlegate below Castle Markets.
    Getting there by public transport is probably easiest-but if you prefer to drive there is a car park at Victoria Quays which costs £3 per day ,or off Blonk Street which costs £2.80 per day.( I suggest you forget the Tescoe CP unless you are desperate!).
    Victoria Quays CP can be accessed from the Park Square roundabout ( bottom of the Parkway) so no need to worry about my previous instructions.Turn left before the Parkway exit taking the right hand lane and then turn right onto Furnival Road. Turn right as though going to the Hilton Hotel ,but stay left and go down to the CP barrier. After parking it is an easy walk along Blonk street/Castlegate to Lady’s Bridge. We will end the walk at Victoria Quays.
    The Blonk Street CP is actually down a side street on the right off Blonk Street after the turn for the Royal Victoria Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express. Once again it is an easy walk over to Ladies Bridge or you could cross the river on the new pedestrian bridge and wait for us by the Don just after the Blonk Street bridge.
    Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.