Sunday Walk Report 18th October

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday Walk Report 18th October

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

Five gathered at Endcliffe Park to set off on the Sheffield Round Walk. It was a busy morning with joggers, bikers and dogs on extended leads, so a cracking pace was set to escape the crowds. I was hoping that the walking speed may even out but alas it did not! First point of interest was the WWII war memorial for the B-17 Flying Fortress known as MI Amigo. Following the River Porter through various sections of park we met Mike at Forge Dam, as arranged, and continued to the head of the valley. The round continued via Limb Valley and numerous stretches of woodland and green space on the south-west side of the city. After Graves Park we descended via the Gleadless Valley -passing Bishops House and in to the Sheaf Valley for a more urbanised return to the start. Plenty of trees and colours but perhaps missing that magical bit of sunshine to appreciate them in their full glory. Billed as 13 miles was a major underestimation. All of the gizmos ticking away clocked up over 16 miles. Twelve feet were certainly feeling it too. Well done team! Enjoyed the chat – I certainly know a lot about van conversions now. Must admit I went home to tea, white wine, hot bath and comfort food dinner but not in that order. Next week’s walk is as billed and not some wild mileage guestimate!!
    Ali

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.