Sunday 6th December. South Yorks walk.

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 6th December. South Yorks walk.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

A walk of around 10 miles taking in moorland, woodland, trig point(s) and stone shelters.
    THIS IS RESTRICTED TO PEOPLE LIVING IN SOUTH YORKSHIRE.
    The “rule of. 6” will apply, should more than 6 apply Vanda will lead a second group, timing to be arranged if necessary.
    Meet at 10am at Grid ref 287815, which is the two long lay-bys on the Hathersage Rd (A625) opposite the top end of Whitelow Lane (Dore), just past the junction with Sheephill Rd. Note if travelling from Sheffield the lay-bys are on your right, ie, the “wrong” side of the road.
    The walk is not excessively strenuous, otherwise I wouldn’t be doing it. For anybody wanting to shorten the walk, there is opportunity after 4 miles to take a very short cut back to the start.
    Please contact me by 5pm Sat 5th using WhatsApp walking group or the online booking system.
    Cheers
    Paul Gibson

vanda boyd
    Participant

Checked the car parking today. There’s room for about a dozen cars, but if full, plenty of room down Whitelow Lane (opposite).
    Still 2 places left, will be 2 groups leaving a few minutes apart.

vanda boyd
    Participant

People I’ve got listed for the walk on Sunday 6th are:
    Paul, Vanda, Chris L, Jo, Ali, Hugh, Chris K, Marianne, Mike D, Steve W.

If I’ve missed anybody, please let me know.
    If not, there’s still 2 places left.
    If everybody turns up ready for the 10am start, I will take the first group, Vanda will follow with the second a few minutes behind. That will give some time to put their boots on!!!
    Sunshine ordered, see you there,
    Paul and Vanda.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.