Sunday 4th Sept – Kinder Nether Tor

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 4th Sept – Kinder Nether Tor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Kinder South consists of a scattering of cliffs overlooking the Edale valley. Nether Tor is at the eastern end of the moor and has two areas for the visiting climber – the far left is a tall natural buttress split by the jagged wide crack of Moneylenders Crack (VS 5a 3*) and Nether Tor right is the tallest buttress and home to Flash Wall (VS 5a top 50).

Approach:
    Pay & Display parking at the entrance to Edale or alternatively park in the train station, also pay & display.
    Walk up Grindsbrook Clough and branch right on the path to Ringing Roger. Some distance below the plateau a small path runs leftwards through bracken to the terraces below the crag (see attached map).
    Its a long walk in so we should all meet in the main carpark at 9.20am, team up with a partner, rationalize kit and walk up together at 9.30am. Please let me know if you are coming so we don’t leave without you.

This is a weather dependent meet, if it looks a bit suspect then I’ll post an alternative venue Saturday evening.

Any questions give me a call or email
    07917 440918
    kial.wright@googlemail.com

Cheers
    Kial

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Weather is really changeable, forecast changing from rain to dry every hour!
    I’ll make final decision in the morning before I’ll have to set off at 8am. With present conditions it’s looking likely to go ahead. If it’s rainy, we’ll be heading to awesome walls at 10am.

Kial

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Morning all,

Well I’m cancelling this, weather looks too changeable to commit to an hour and half drive plus an hour’s walk in.
    Also only had one response so assuming nobody is going anyway.
    Me and Gemma are heading to awesome walls for a couple of hours at 10am if you’d like to join.

Cheers
    Kial

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.