Sunday 3 August Chapel E-L-Frith Walk

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 3 August Chapel E-L-Frith Walk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

Meet 10.30 a.m. in the centre of Combs by “the Beehive” P.H.(G.R.042785)
    To get there drive up Winnatts and turn right onto the A 625 leading via Rushop Edge to Chapel.On arriving in Chapel go under the A6 and turn right into the town then go left on the B4570 to Whaley Bridge.After about 2 miles take the left hand turn off (sign posted) to Combs and park in the centre of the village by the pub.
    N.B.Although the entire walk is on the 2.5 inch White Peak map,Chapel is on the bottom of the Dark Peak map so bring that map as well to help find the way to Combs!
    The walk ascends Castle Naze from Bank Hall Farm and traverses Combs Edge to the old shelter and then descends towards Combshead Farm before turning up to White Hall centre and on to the ridge beyond.A steady descent then leads to the Goyt valley from where a climb leads to the traverse above Cathay Wood and a crossing of the A5004.The climb continues to Wythen Lache from where the Combs valley is re-entered with a steady descent back to Combs and a welcome pint at”the Beehive”.A reworked and much improved version of my last incursion into this quite dramatic and beautiful area.
    Distance 12 miles approx.
    Bring sandwiches.
    Mike
    P.S.Given the distance car sharing would be sensible-contact me if you can offer or would like a lift.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,
    I’ll be going, and would like to share transport
    Cheers,
    Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.