Sunday 17th november

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 17th november

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris Lunn
    Participant

Well this is my first walk lead and after been on a few walks they could all be a hard act to follows but I’ll try to keep it interesting
    Park in the lay by on snake pass (sk08962.89990) we’ll walk down and over the bridge before doing most of the ascent on the route going up fairbrook where you can follow the path or get in the stream bed for a bit of rock hopping. Walking round the plateau edge we can stop at fair brook naze for a cuppa and yo talk the view down the valley. We’ll follow the edge up to Ashop head before turn back to come down snake path and ashop Clough

Hope to see you there

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Map of the route

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi All
    It’s my lead walk this weekend all I can promise is lots of peaty bog with poor weather tipped all week and Sunday morning . Meet at the lay by on the A57 (sk08962.89990) we’ll be going up fairbrook walking round yo fairbrook naze for hopefully a nice down the valley round the edge of the plateau to ashop head before turning to return all down hill to pass the snake pass in and on to the lay by walking time between 4-5 hours so if we can meet about 10 we might not need our head torches 😁

Hopefully see a few of you Sunday

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi All
    It’s my lead walk this weekend all I can promise is lots of peaty bog with poor weather tipped all week and Sunday morning . Meet at the lay by on the A57 (sk08962.89990) we’ll be going up fairbrook walking round yo fairbrook naze for hopefully a nice down the valley round the edge of the plateau to ashop head before turning to return all down hill to pass the snake pass in and on to the lay by walking time between 4-5 hours so if we can meet about 10 we might not need our head torches 😁

Hopefully see a few of you Sunday

vanda boyd
    Participant

I’m intending to come, but currently not feeling 100%, hopefully OK by Sunday.
    Cheers
    Paul.

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi all weather tipped to be wet Sunday I’m still planning to walk but can be cut short when up on the plateau as well be in any weather fully from there so we could head back down from fairbrook naze whilst in the clough we should be out of any wind and I’ll be hopping up the stream bed to make it a bit of fun

Hope to see you Sunday
    Chris

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi all
    There is an error in my grid reference for Sunday’s meeting point I have now put my glasses on and say the grid reference is SK1148090174 or the A57 snake pass just down hill from the skate pass inn if the lay by is full you can park just out the inn

Cheers Andy for pointing this out

Chris😁

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Hi all
    There is an error in my grid reference for Sunday’s meeting point I have now put my glasses on and say the grid reference is SK1148090174 or the A57 snake pass just down hill from the skate pass inn if the lay by is full you can park just out the inn

Cheers andy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.