Sunday 15th December: Seasonal stagger and mountain bike ride

Home Forums Messages click here Sunday 15th December: Seasonal stagger and mountain bike ride

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kathy Burgess
    Participant

Meet at 10:30am at Ashleigh, Crossland Rd, Hathersage for this year’s Seasonal Stagger (Club Christmas Walk) or mountain bike ride.
    We aim to be back at Crossland Road by 3pm, and anyone not wishing to walk or mtb is very welcome to come for tea and cake. Christmas jumpers, hats etc encouraged.

Plenty of tea, coffee etc will be available, please bring food to share.
    Would be great to see you all – particularly those who are new to the club or usually just climb or cycle

Walk details:

The walk will be approx 8 miles, heading up to Eyam moor and Sir William Hill then down to Stoke Ford , and back across Offerton Moor and through Callow Woods. There will be an optional pub stop in Hathersage at the end of the walk.

Mountain bike ride:
    A loop from Hathersage: Ringinglow road to Upper Burbage Bridge, Burbage Valley, Fox House (possible additional loop of about 4k on Totley Moor), Houndkirk Road, Ringinglow, Redmires, Long Causeway, either road, or small detour via North Lees Hall, to be back in Hathersage before 3pm. Okay on any old mountain bike, apart from Totley Moor loop. Options taken depending on bikes/time/preferences

If we can sort the logistics on the day, driving the bikes up to Higgar Tor and collecting the cars later would reduce the ascent and increase the enjoyment for ‘tis the Christmas season, you know, and cake-justification exercise is unnecessary.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mountain Bikers

To reduce the likely confusion at the start of the ride I would like to pre-arrange, as far is practicable, the “cheating” to avoid the Ringinglow road ascent. So far, Dick and I are taking one car, with us and bikes, to the start, which is going to be HIGGAR TOR PARKING – 254821.

Please let me know if you are planning to do the ride so that I can coordinate lifts.

Thanks,
    John
    07400 009108
    john.sellars@live.com

Kathy Burgess
    Participant

Walk update: There will be an option to shorten the Seasonal Stagger walk to about 5.5 miles for anyone preferring either a shorter walk or more time in the pub.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mountain Bikers.

Following discussion on yesterday’s walk, there will be some car/bike shuffling at Crossland Road. As it is not a particularly long ride we may as well meet at Crossland Road at 10:30 and drive up to Higgar Tor when we have shuffled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.