Slideshows in 2022

Home Forums Messages click here Slideshows in 2022

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vanda boyd
    Participant

There will be no slideshow this Thursday 6th January – instead Kial has arranged a climbers meeting to organise climbing meets over the coming months.
    John Hutchinson has agreed to show [by Zoom] some of his slides on Thursday 3rd February, but he would really appreciate someone else volunteering to share that slot with him, to usefully fill up the time available.
    So has anyone else [or even several of you] got a small collection of photos that they would like to show to Castle members that evening?
    Please get in touch with me if you think you can help out.
    Best wishes, Vanda Boyd

Russ Clare
    Participant

Hi Vanda,
    As the 3 Feb slideshow is on Zoom, I’d be pleased to contribute an item. It lasts 8 minutes on shared screen, plus a few minutes chat to begin with. There’ll be music, pictures, magic tricks, a stand-up comedian, dancers, and more (not all of that is true!).
    HTH
    Russ

vanda boyd
    Participant

3rd Feb sideshows now complete.
    After the main event and Russ’s contribution there will be a small selection from the last (I think) CMC visit to Cornwall in 2012. Hopefully will encourage a few to join this year’s Easter Meet to the same place.
    Cheers
    Paul.

Dick Murton
    Participant

CMC Slide show
    Time: Feb 3, 2022 8:00 PM London time (mainly for the benefit of those in Spain!)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87990785598?pwd=RENmK2V0M2RGVmVreEQxRkh2aHVKdz09

Meeting ID: 879 9078 5598
    Passcode: As found on the Castle Club website, members page. Please do not pass on to non members.

Please contact me directly if you need telephone access, either from UK or elsewhere, and I will pass on the details.

Russ Clare
    Participant

Re our slide show on Thursday. Just to advise that, for my bit, your listening experience will be enhanced if you route your audio through your best available speaker(s) or headphones. This is NOT essential if you HAVE to rely on the in-board speakers on a phone/tablet/laptop, just better.

I’m also hoping, with Dick’s help, stereo sound will be enabled requiring some simple tweaks to your audio settings after you have joined the meeting (more advise on that later).

Dick – I have sent you a private message by email about this.

Lastly from my previous message above, “There’ll be music, pictures, magic tricks, a stand-up comedian, dancers……” Unfortnately, I have to report the dancers are all having to self-isolate, the stand-up did their back in laughing too much at their own jokes, and the magician tried sawing themselves in half (it didn’t go well!) so that just leaves ….

Russ

Russ Clare
    Participant

Hi Folks, re tonights slide show.
    I have now had a trial run with stereo sound, and I would recommend highly to route your audio through stereo speakers or headphones for my bit if at all possible.
    It would need individual sound checks to set the audio volume for each device on Zoom – clearly not practical, so you’ll just have to wing it. If you have a volume control for your speakers, no problem. For laptop headphones, I found I had to turn the volume setting down to 50% but at this setting the the laptop speakers were too quiet. At 100% the sound breaks up in places. So perhaps go for 75% and hope for the best, and if too loud you can position headphones off-ear. Once screen-share has started, it’s tricky to adjust your volume setting – not impossible, but very distracting for only a short presentation.
    ZOOM SETTING When meeting has started:
    In Audio Settings, under Music and Professional Audio, please ensure the High Fidelity and Stereo Audio boxes are both ticked.

My exercise for today – I started my trial Zoom meeting upstairs (only a half flight!) in the office with the an audience member’s laptop in the kitchen. Chasing between the two to tinker about at both ends seemed like a short fell race! Anyway, I hope it will have been worth it.
    See you later, hopefully.
    Russ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.