Seasonal Stagger: Sun 18 Dec

Home Forums Messages click here Seasonal Stagger: Sun 18 Dec

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Barnard
    Participant

This year’s seasonal stagger will be starting and finishing at my house at 46 Uppergate Road Stannington S6 6BX (opposite the medical centre) – I don’t think I’ve organised one for at least 20 years! There is plenty of parking outside, or you can get the 81 bus from town, the 62 from Hillsborough or the 61 from Bradfield (Supertram link doesn’t run on Sundays).

We’ll aim to set off at 10.30am, though I haven’t yet worked out which pub we’ll go to. Most of the ones at a suitable distance now have a busy Sunday lunch trade and can get rather busy, or will be absolutely heaving with carol-singers, so it would probably be prudent to bring sandwiches, rather than rely on pub food (I’ll post again when I’ve sorted out a route). Please bring a contribution of mince pies etc for the tea party at my house after we get back – I’ll lay in sufficient tea, milk etc.

Cheers

JB (0114 233 3170 / 07985 465330)

John Barnard
    Participant

The plan for the Seasonal Stagger on Sunday is to walk from my house (46 Uppergate Road, Stannington, S6 6BX) to the village of Worrall, where we will stop for refreshment at the Blue Ball (320 Haggstones Road, Worrall, Sheffield, S35 0PD; http://www.blueballworrall.co.uk/). If we depart on time (10.30) from Stannington, I expect we will get there between 12.0 and 12.30. They do not serve meals there, but the landlord has told me that if we get there early, there is chance there may be a few bacon butties available (but I suggest bringing sandwiches in case they’ve run out). There will be a local carol-singing session in progress in the back room, but there should be enough space for us in the main bar. After some modest libation we will walk back to Stannington (by a different route) for tea, cakes, mince pies etc (please bring contributions), aiming to be back by 3.30pm. The overall profile of the walk will be down-up-down-up.

I understand that a party of cyclists intends to take their own route, joining the walkers both for the pub stop and the tea party. Perhaps someone could post details as a reply to this message. The aged and infirm, and those with other commitments at various stages of the day are, of course, welcome to join us for whatever active or inactive parts of the programme they are able to.

Seasonal hats will be tolerated, but are not obligatory.

See you on Sunday!

JB (07985 465330)

Dick Murton
    Participant

Leon told me that Mary would be sorting something out – which means at least three of us intend cycling. I don’t know anything else at this stage

John Barnard
    Participant

I did a bit of reconnaissance for the walk on Sunday, and it is likely to be a bit wet and muddy in places – flippers and snorkel are probably not necessary, but I’m considering wearing wellies!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.