Saturday's whopper

Home Forums Messages click here Saturday's whopper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

231 miles – how good is that! It’s good too that the Peak District has territory in Stirling, but am unsure of the consequences of the boundary walk. Personally all this exercise is making me gag to be in the office, which must be a first.

Saturday’s walk is a long, but has less ascent than Thursday’s. There are two legs: 1. Waterfall to Tittersworth (11.4 miles 333m of ascent) and 2. Tittesworth to Wildboarclough (10.1miles/358m ). Stage 1 goes past our door at about 6/7 miles. Stage 2 is probably the better walk.

Some people will join the walk at Tittesworth, bringing fresh blood to the team, and helping the team do the full 21.5miles. Others may decide just to do the first section. It is also possible to join us at the Mermaid Inn and enjoy a 3ish mile walk down to Tittesworth.

For stage 1 it is an early start 8am. At the moment I think we will start here and take as few as cars as possible to Waterfall, but will make final decision when I know numbers and if people only want to do a single stage.

So, I hate being prescriptive, but I really need to know who’s interested in doing the walk, so I can sort logistics. Hopefully Bill and maybe Dick will be able to meet us at Wildboarclough to take us back to cars/home so there will be no need to have cars at that end.

So let me know if you are interested and how much walking you need to do. Elen
    This is Bill here I walked along Curber last night don’t know where I had that idea from as should have been at Stanage, such a great evening too

Dick Murton
    Participant

But at least you missed the midges by walking along the top. It was always a relief to get in the breeze at the top of a route.

Re picking up – yes, am happy to do that.

Lin to join you at Tittesworth whilst I go for a pedal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.