Saturday cycle 11th Sept

Home Forums Messages click here Saturday cycle 11th Sept

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marian birkett
    Participant

This is an (almost all) on-road cycle via Earl Sterndale, Axe edge and Sheen, taking in fine views of Chrome Hill with an optional cafe stop at Hartington. It involves a flat 400m stretch on the fast and furious Buxton Leek road, but otherwise on pleasant quiet lanes with some glorious downhills and a very short cycle trail section. Approx 33miles and 850metres ascent.

Meet in layby between Monyash and Sheldon at the top of Deepdale GR 158684 for a 10am start.

The cafe is about three quarters of the way round so bring food for an earlier refuelling stop if required.

If possible let me know by 5pm Friday if you are intending coming (WhatsApp, text, phone or email) because if there are lots of us, we’ll go as 2 groups – one setting off a bit later. In the case of 2 groups I’ll communicate the plan on website and cycling WhatApp group on Friday evening.

I hope lots of you can make it. All very welcome.
    Marian

marian birkett
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know if you want to come on this cycle ride tomorrow. We seem to have a group of 7 so we will go as one group, starting as planned at 10am. from GR 158684.
    There would be room for an extra last minute person – but check with me first please.
    Looking forward to those hills!!
    Marian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.