Sat 13th cycle

Home Forums Messages click here Sat 13th cycle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Hello
    I’m not here on Sat 13th. Would anyone else like to lead a cycle ride?
    Volunteers for future months very welcome too.
    Many thanks
    Elen

Dick Murton
    Participant

Sorry, no can do. We are also away that weekend

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be happy to lead a mountain bike ride

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mountain bike ride Saturday 13th April 10:15 Hathersage pay-and-display opposite swimming pool. Bring butties.

Please let me know if you are interested or definitely coming.

Thanks,
    John

Full route is 30-35km, 1000-1200m of ascent, 4-5 hours, with a couple of (easily avoidable) challenging descents and options to cut it short (see below).

Start Hathersage. Up Abney road, north side of Offerton Moor, Shatton mast, Brough Lane, choice of 2 descents to Bradwell. (Option to return to start)

Up road (Smalldale) to top of cement works, across on track to Mam Nick, choice of road or steep descent from Hollins Cross to Edale. (Option to return to start)

Road to Nether Booth, Hope Cross via Clough Farm, easyish descent from Wooler Knoll to Aston, Thornhill, old railway to Bamford, return to start.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If anyone would like to lead a road ride on Saturday then please do. The mountain bike ride is going ahead and there would probably be some takers for a road ride.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Reminder. Mountain bike ride this Saturday meets at Hathersage pay and display (not Ashleigh, David, sorry!) at 10:15. Bring butties!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.