River Wye walk 3 August 2030

Home Forums Messages click here River Wye walk 3 August 2030

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

Some of us are planning to walk most of the length of the River Wye from Topley Pike to its confluence with the Derwent at Rowsley. The distance is about 17 miles.
    Let me know if you are interested in joining us. More details nearer the time.
    As both the start and finish are on the A6 we hope to get the bus either at the start or end of the day.
    David

David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

This of course should have said 3 August 2023!

Helen Dunnett
    Participant

I am interested in joining this
    Thank you
    Helen

Richard Pegram
    Participant

I’m up for an atypical hike.

Marianne Lawson
    Participant

Could you add me. Thanks
    Marianne

Alison Milne
    Participant

Hi David
    We’re interested in the walk too.
    Thanks Ali & Andrew

David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

Hi there! Confirmation of details for the River Wye walk. We plan to walk downstream from Topley Pike to Rowsley. Approx 17 miles.
    Meet at 9am in lay by off A6 just south of Topley Pike quarry. NGR is SK 113 725. Coming from Bakewell direction the lay by is on the right just beyond the A5270 junction. If you go down the hill you have missed it!
    There is a Transpeak bus at 0816 from Rowsley to the start. We aim to park in the car park on the south side of the A6 at NGR SK 258 659 and catch the bus.
    Hopefully, we will have vehicles at either end to offer a ferry service where necessary.
    Please confirm if you are coming – I have a list of those who have expressed an interest. Car sharing will be useful where possible – for example someone could pick up Lynda in Ashford.
    David

Helen Dunnett
    Participant

Hello David,
    I am interested and will try and catch the bus with you at 08.16. A lift available from Sheffield.
    Thanks
    Helen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.