Provence Easter 2020

Home Forums Messages click here Provence Easter 2020

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Hello
    Lots of interest in this trip from walkers, road and mtb bikers, climbers, swimmers, and tourist (me).

We will be based in the Municipal Campsite in Beaume de Venise , “a popular destination in France thanks to its high levels of sunshine, the diversity of its landscapes and its cultural heritage. It is located at 100 m from the river.
    For your camping weekends or holidays in France, discover this campsite rated 2 stars offering 64 pitches.
    For sport, the campsite has various activities on site : mini-golf and table tennis especially for Paul, Vanda and Linda .
    Motorhomes: the campsite has a service point located in outside the campsite. “. I am fairly sure they take caravans and I know for a fact dogs are welcome.

Those who I’ve spoken to want to go for different amount of times, depending on whether they work, skiing, Costa living etc.
    The main meet will be from Thursday 9th April (Maundy Thursday) until w/e 18/19th. I have a vague non-evidenced based feeling that the week after Easter may be less busy than the week before but this could be definitely and scientifically just plain wrong.

It would be a lovely place for the Thursday walks and Monday cycle rides to happen as well as Tuesday and Sunday climbing meets. Maybe we could mix up the days a bit.

Given the different plans it would be difficult to do a group booking,so this is a book-your-own Club meet. The camp site will not take bookings until March 1st. It seems as if there may be separate camping and camper van areas but as It would be nice for us all to be in a similar part of the campsite so when you book please say that you are part of the Peak District group. . I;m getting interest from other friends as well so it wont be an exclusive Castle meet but it will mean that there will be plenty of options for different activities each day – long short walks/bike rides, different crags, potteries, cafes and churches for me. Spread the word.

I contacted them using the following link https://www.campingfrance.com/uk/find-your-campsite/provence-alpes-cote-dazur/vaucluse/beaumes-de-venise/camping-municipal176.

It would be good it you could let me know what dates you are looking to book so I can do any co-ordinating that may be required. They will not take bookings until 1 March. I’ll try and remember to remind people in Feb.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.