Pembroke – Bills Birthday extra

Home Forums Messages click here Pembroke – Bills Birthday extra

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Hello
    Bill and I are celebrating our birthdays at the Ferry Inn, St Dogmaels on Monday 15th August. (Bill’s birthday)
    So if any one would like to extend their Pembrokeshire stay by a couple of days you are very welcome to come and join us.
    There is a “just rock up” campsite going up to the headland above St Dogs. When I was young we used to picnic on the headland and watch the seals in the bay below.
    There are even some crags just the other side of the estuary, although they are esoteric. One is called My Little Pony. Appropriate as I hope to be riding mine across Wales finishing at St Dogmaels and Poppit Sands.
    It would be lovely to see you.
    Let us know as we need to book the table. Thanks to all who have already been in touch
    Elen and Bill
    PS let us know if you want to bring a caravan – see below

Info re AllytyCoed Campsite

Our camping prices are simple:-
    Adults – over 16 are £7.50 per night
    Children – between 5 – 16 are £5 per night
    Kids under 5 are free
    Caravans and campers are priced as above and not per pitch
    Pets are also free (but under strict control) – the camping field and farm is not a ‘park’ or ‘back garden’ .
    – No pets are allowed to be left in tents or vehicles if your not on-site.
    For Yurt Prices – See our Yurt Prices Page
    Camper and Caravan Access???
    The lane up to Allt y coed from Poppit Sands has no maximum limit for vehicle length or width sign posted by the council, but believe me, you wouldn’t want to drive a huge shinney winnebago up here or a massive touring caravan.

You may want to use google street to look at the lane before attempting it.
    Small camper vans and ‘wagons’ are welcomed on the campsite.
    We can not accept caravans or winnebago size vehicles.
    We have no electrical hook-ups.
    We dont have the facilities to empty chemical toilets.
    Toilet and shower facilities.
    We have 2 electric power showers in the mens and 2 in the ladies with 1 more in our disabled/family toilet area.
    There is two belfast sinks outside for washing up.
    Hot water is on tap all the time. the only charge being 20p for 2 minutes in the showers.
    A few points – maybe to many:-
    Only small campfires are allowed and must be 3m away from any other tent. No fires on windy days. Common sence must be applied.
    No electric generators – no exceptions.
    No parties that will disturb the majority.
    Sundown – is sleepytime for campers, which we will enforce for all your comfort.
    We would really appreciate you coming down the farmhouse and paying for your stay on arrival if no-one approaches you, honesty is the policy here.

We love living here and I am sure you’ll like staying here 🙂

Elen Rees
    Participant

And if it is hot….
    https://www.topofthewoods.co.uk/post/our-favourite-pembrokeshire-wild-swimming-spots
    Poppit sands is just below the the campsite andteh river gorge swim is just up the Teifi.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.