Open Climbing weekends (New Members weekends) April 2015

Home Forums Messages click here Open Climbing weekends (New Members weekends) April 2015

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

Following the experience gained from previous years, we have slightly changed the format of the New Members weekend this year. Firstly there are two weekends! This is due to the bad weather experienced last year, giving us more chance to climb outside. Secondly, the session at Awesome Walls, hastily arranged due to the weather, was very successful and a great opportunity for members to talk to those interested in the club. Hopefully we will meet people indoors initially this year.

To make these weekends a success we need members to suport them – both at the indoor and outdoor sessions.

The two Awesome Walls evenings are from 6pm on Friday 17 and 24 April and the Sunday meets are on the 19 April at Birchen Edge and 26 April at Stanage Popular End, both from 10.30am.

It would be useful if you could let me know if you are able to attend – we need to ensure there are plenty of enthusiastic members at each session! There is further information on the website.

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dave

I can make the indoor session on the 24th April but no the 17th. Currently, I’m free for both the outdoor Sunday sessions so should be there for both.

Simon

David Pendlebury
    Keymaster

Following the experience gained from previous years, we have slightly changed the format of the New Members weekend this year. Firstly there are two weekends! This is due to the bad weather experienced last year, giving us more chance to climb outside. Secondly, the session at Awesome Walls, hastily arranged due to the weather, was very successful and a great opportunity for members to talk to those interested in the club. Hopefully we will meet people indoors initially this year.

To make these weekends a success we need members to suport them – both at the indoor and outdoor sessions. Thank you if you have already volunteered – we need more of you! Could you ‘meet and greet’ or belay others if you do not wish to climb yourself?

The two Awesome Walls evenings are from 6pm on Friday 17 and 24 April and the Sunday meets are on the 19 April at Birchen Edge and 26 April at Stanage Popular End, both from 10.30am.

It would be useful if you could let me know if you are able to attend (0114 2219460 or by email) – we need to ensure there are plenty of enthusiastic members at each session! There is further information on the website.

Thanks
    David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.