northumbria w/e 3/4/5 Sept

Home Forums Messages click here northumbria w/e 3/4/5 Sept

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Hello
    The club is looking to go to Northumbria on / around the above dates.
    There are some pop up campsites with no electricity, no showers, basic loos but nice and simple. They are near Seahouses.
    I like basic but what do other people who would be interested in coming think. would basic be a game changer stopping you coming or make you more interested?
    The other options are more organised campsites.
    The area is a short drive to the climbing areas at Kyloe, Alnwick moors and some ( maybe dodgey) sea cliff climbing. Bird and seal watching, coastal walking, cycling Cheviot , sea swimming. The club has stayed in this area before and found enough to do for a long w/e
    The sites are
    Fenham le Moors
    Newlands
    Spindlestone .

Russ Clare
    Participant

September Northumberland meet a great idea, and In principle would be fine with a “pop-up” campsite, but have caveats re the three sites:
    1] I rarely use official campsites, so maybe I’m out of touch, but with no running drinking water, no showers, a (one only?) compost toilet, £40.00 or £50.00 for two adults / two nights seems a bit steep?
    2] No campervan spots available for 3/4 September, yet cars can be driven to pitches. If your car is a campervan, is that OK then ? Needs clarifying.
    15 such sites listed for Northumberland on pitchup.com – Brunton Airfield Campsite near Seahouses is much larger, has a x4 loo block, and a shower (for 130 pitches!) £32.00
    Russ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.