Northumberland meet 22-24 Mar 2019, Cragside

Home Forums Messages click here Northumberland meet 22-24 Mar 2019, Cragside

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

We have booked the National Trust bunkhouse in the grounds of Cragside (postcode NE65 7PX, grid ref NU 07083 02708) for the March 2019 meet.

There are 16 places available at a cost of £30 per person for the 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). If you want to come along then please email me or reply to this post, and pay the club directly via BACS with Cragside as reference to avoid confusion with subs.

There is good walking and cycling from the door, and climbing for the hardy nearby (March in Northumberland!).

Cragside, near Rothbury, is the Victorian home of the Armstrongs and is a fascinating place. The bunkhouse is a cottage conversion in the grounds. We have access to the grounds, and a visit inside the house (recommended) will cost a further £5.60.

Sleeping bags and pillows must be brought. Earliest check-in time is 3.30pm Friday. We have to leave the property in a clean state and be out by 10am Sunday. Two well-behaved dogs are allowed but must be pre-booked – please let me know if you wish to bring a pooch.

More information is attached. First paid, first booked as usual.

Those going (so far):
    Dave C, Mark & Adele, Mike D, Hugh, John & Kathy, Sean, Gordon T, Mary, Russ,, Alan (OD), Jane

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Crowther
    Keymaster
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

The Northumberland meet, 22-24 March 2019, is already half-full. Last 8 places remaining, email me or reply to this if you want to go. The club has to pay the full bill by mid-January, so please make your payment of £30 per person by BACS, marked Cragside, to the club when you book.
    Thanks, Dave C

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Only a month until the Northumberland meet st Cragside. If the weather is like today then there’s climbing nearby, or great walking and cycling. If it’s wet you could do worse than look around the house:
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g674031-d592125-Reviews-Cragside_House_and_Gardens-Rothbury_Northumberland_National_Park_Northumberland_En.html

Email or call me if you want to go, and please pay the fee to Kathy

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Still 6 places left for the Cragside, Northumberland meet in 3 weeks. If nobody else wants to go then I’ll advertise it to another club to fill the places. Please let me know asap if you want to go, and send payment to Kathy.

Chris Lunn
    Participant

I can make this meet as away in the sunshine otherwise I would be there 😁

Chris Lunn
    Participant

I cant this meet as away in the sunshine otherwise I would be there 😁

David Crowther
    Keymaster

For anyone taking a bike to Cragside, there is an off-road route here
    http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue_Map_TrailViewer.aspx?VenueNumber=71&TrailNumber=104&Unique=636877267998057641
    and there are plenty of on road possibilities.
    Thinking about a communal meal on Saturday, anyone interested and if so any dietary preferences?
    Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be interested in bike ride if anyone else is. Looks like a good route. Could even be persuaded to print off the maps and lead it…

We would be up for a communal meal on Saturday – no dietary preferences.

Mark Procter
    Participant

We would be interested in a communal meal Dave, no dietary preferences and happy to help. Looking forward to it. Cheers, Mark & Adele

David Crowther
    Keymaster

For those going to Northumberland this weekend – Don’t forget to take sleeping bags, and pillows if you want them

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.