New members meets THIS WEEKEND

Home Forums Messages click here New members meets THIS WEEKEND

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,
    Don’t forget it’s the new members meets this weekend. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!!!

FRIDAY 17th – Awesome Walls at 6pm.
    We have 14 propective members turning up to this 12 of which can already lead indoors.

SUNDAY 19th – Stanage, Black Hawks area. Meet at Hooks Car parking at 9am.
    We have 21 prospective members turning up (some of which will have come on Friday’s meet).

We’ve got a 50/50 split between men and women, some folks have moved into the area looking for climbing partners, we’ve even got 2 chaps that have already done their RCI course!

See as many of you as possible soon.
    Gemma

Gemma Scougal
    Keymaster

FYI – out of ~78 members we have in the club, I’ve had 13 responses to these events.
    All I asked was for people to say Yes/No if they could make it to help me plan numbers. I’ve taken a gamble, let’s hope you guys don’t let me down and we get more than 7 Castle members attending.

https://forms.office.com/r/S8nrrrSGD3

Gemma

Kial Wright
    Keymaster

Great work Gemma on drumming up so much interest for potential new members (21 people and is now turning people away) and thank you to the 13 responses we got to the initial call for help.
    You’ve all wondered why you struggle to attract new members – well the reason is right in front of you, a club of approx. 80 members can only muster up a 13-person response. I find it incredibly rude that you can’t take 30 seconds to fill in the on-line form Gemma has set-up, you only need to answer two questions that are a tick box answer of ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and fill in your name.
    OK not all 80 members are climbers, but you are all part of Castle Mountaineering Club but just take a minute to think what you would want from an organised day to potentially join a climbing club. I think you’ll come to the same conclusion of ‘meeting plenty of friendly faces’ that make you feel welcome?
    You can all help make this day a success by just being present and chatting to the new people. Those of you that no longer climb can help by making sure the new members can actually belay. But above all please can you fill in the form to say Yes or No. Don’t text, phone or email – this can get lost – keep all response in the easy to fill in form found here: http://email.mail.castlemountaineering.com/c/eJwdjkEOwiAURE9TlgT4tMKCRVOtB-gJkH5aIhRDMV5fNJnZzOLNW80KsIqeBCOY4Exz4Ao0GyinoxyncWYKJsFmfRs6yZINkTp71ogpv49qw4FYwrFRlxPZzeAdyv7CrHYDKnDqIrWTgBblAx2XJJq91tfZwdiJucXnkk6avQ8Of4w2ldZFHaWU5X4FUswz2Eg_JWx7bQpbzlt7_4vk9AUVGDuW

Russ Clare
    Participant

Hi Gemma and Kial,

An alternative ‘take’ on your form. You do not need a response from all members, and you only need one question – “are you available?”. Those not replying are either ‘Maybe’ (and therefore not to be relied upon, but if they turn up it’s a bonus) or ‘No’ . Whether the ‘Yes’ return is disappointing is a separate issue – I am not commenting on that.

Well done for getting such a great potential member response. I do hope the event is a success.

Russ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.