My 70th birthday walks 8th & 9th July N Wales

Home Forums Messages click here My 70th birthday walks 8th & 9th July N Wales

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mike doyle
    Participant

The walk on Saturday will start from the A5 by the Helyg Hut.The plan is to use the Sherpa bus service which stops outside the Bryn Tyrc Inn and goes through Ogwen to Bethesda/Bangor,
    The route from Helyg climbs to the grassy summit of Pen y Helgi Du & then traverses the narrow saddle and easy scramble to the ridge above Craig Yr Ysfa and so to the summit of Carnedd Llewellyn.
    On the summit of Llewellyn we will stop for lunch,a drink of fizz & celebration.A detour to Yr Elen will be possible for those wanting it.
    The route then continues to Carnedd Dafydd & Pen yr Ole Wen,the east ridge of which provides a scenic descent to the eastern end of Llyn Ogwen & the A5.
    Distance 10 miles .total ascent1000 metres (approx-1170 metres with Yr Elen).
    Gill & Charles have kindly volunteered to provide lifts back to the Bryn Tyrc.
    As the bus leaves the Bryn Tyrc at 0945 I suggest we meet at the bus stop outside the Inn at ,say,0935.It also stops in Capel itself at 0950..I am expecting a total of 9 walkers (6 CMC members) .If there is anyone else planning to come who hasn’t contacted me they need to do so to allow me to bring enough fizz & glasses.Volunteers to help carry it would be welcome!
    Sunday 9th
    The classic scramble up the North ridge of Tryfan followed by the Bristly Ridge & the Glyders,descending by the Gribin Facet or the the Devil’s Kitchen ( but with a possible finish on Y Garn if anyone wants to.
    Meet by the footpath sign by the roadside below the north ridge (GR 664604) at 0930 (early parking essential).
    Mike
    Meet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.