Messaage for Lin and Marion re Monday cycle

Home Forums Messages click here Messaage for Lin and Marion re Monday cycle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I couldn’t find your email addresses – I am logged in but when I click on members, I get a message saying I’m asking for something that doesn’t exist (?) so I’m doing a message board.
    Possible Monday Cycle route, meet Mytham Bridge, Bamford (near bus turn around)
    Route, Shatton, over ford, Townend Lane, Brough, Bradwell, Eccles Lane to Hope. Loop to Castleton (via road in, via Pin Dale return). Linear to Edale to try Penny Pot Café (under new management). Coffee, return to Hope, lanes to Aston, Thornhill, Bamford.
    20/21 miles. About 9.5 is the linear bit for Edale and return. Hills, yes, Townend Lane, Eccles Lane, lane via PIn Dale. Road to Edale not too bad. Nothing worse than today. Please let me know what you think. I could do next Monday or following week if no offers from others.

6 cyclists set off in sunshine from Bamford. At Shatton, we couldn’t do the gentle splash through the ford because it was a torrent today, so we opted for the foot bridge. We progressed uphill to Shatton Hall, a track down to Brough, then Eccles Lane to Hope. Next came a circular into Castleton: in via the road and returning via the lane to Pindale. From Hope we took Edale Lane into Edale- a linear route to test the new look Penny Pot Cafe. We can report that the coffee was good and cake size was generous. We whizzed back into Hope enjoying a steady descent.
    We returned to Bamford via Hope Station, Carbolite, Parsons Lane, Aston, Thornhill.
    Distance 20.34 miles. Elevation gain 1,543 ft. Average speed 9 mph. The elevation gain was lowish considering we were in Hope Valley; lanes and tracks with shallowest climbs were chosen. For an “elevation gain comparison”: last week’s elevation gain, (when we started out from Eyam car park) was 2,275 ft over 22.4 miles. A few of the lanes were new for some of the team – hurray. Thanks to all for coming, Geraldine

The group about to resume the ride after a break at the Penny Pot Cafe, Edale.
    Photo: Geraldine.

Andy Smith
    Keymaster

Geraldine’s photo of the group about to set off from the Penny Pot Cafe, Edale.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.