Last climbing meet of the season this Sunday 29th

Home Forums Messages click here Last climbing meet of the season this Sunday 29th

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all

Yes I am still alive – apologies for poor attendance this year!!!!!

I’ll be leading the final climbing meet of the season this Sunday at a previously undisclosed location. I thought we would go somewhere close but somewhere we don’t often seem to visit. So I decided on [drum roll] ……………….. Burbage South. Meeting at the Drainpipe area which is about 300m north of the North Quarry. There’s a selection of routes ranging from Diff to HVS and beyond with the option on moving further north, just next door, to Nosferatu and Dowel Crack, also with a wide variety of grades. Parking is best at Fox House but you can park at Burbage Bridge but it’s a much longer walk from there. I’ll be leaving Fox House at 10:00am and at the The Drainpipe for 10:30am. Weather so far is looking clear and dry but cooler than last few days. Any problems give me a call. Simon 07813327094.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Simon,

Happened to be walking past Burbage South today, so popped down to have a look. Routes like The Drainpipe, The Staircase and Left Bannister all looked reasonably clean and doable. Parson’s Crack, Walker’s Pulpit and Ribbed Corner would probably be best with socks over rock shoes…Further left the bottom of Reginald was OK, but the top was very green – might be alright when you get there. A few routes further left looked to be OK.

We’re probably not going to be able to make it, but thought this information might be useful.
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.