Joe Browns Walk Sat 2nd July

Home Forums Messages click here Joe Browns Walk Sat 2nd July

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bill boley
    Participant

Hello
    I am organising this walk for the Derwent Club and CMC members will be very welcome, there will be a shortened led walk and the opportunity to do the full round, probably best done in small groups. if needs be each group can have a different starting point
    Joe Brown worked at Whitehall Outdoor Centre, near Buxton and while there devised a navigational challenge. It is made up of a series of clues carved into rocks. Each clue gives the location of the next one. The clues are either grid refs or bearings and distances.
    I have done all but the last one, and navigationally it is easy, the hardest part is finding the clues once you arrive.
    The whole route is 18/20 miles. It is mostly on paths and with some location hints it is quite straight forward. And a lovely walk.
    If there is interest I will also “lead” a shortened version of the walk where you would still get to hunt for the clues etc. This would be about 12 miles, but the best 12 taking in Errwood Res, Fernilee and Combs Edge.
    I will post more details a bit nearer the time, but maybe let me know if you are interested so I can plan for the numbers etc.
    In the meantime, don’t google it too much , it’ll spoil the fun. I will give you all you need.
    Elen
    PS I could easily devise a bike ride version. Mainly on road but with one stoney section which you could push.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.