Jo Browns Numbers

Home Forums Messages click here Jo Browns Numbers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

Hello
    Joe Brown worked at Whitehall. While there he devised a navigational route carving clues in the form of grid refs or bearings and distances into rocks etc. The whole route is c 18 /20miles. I, with Bill and Paul E’s have now done the whole route, the navigation bit is easy thou finding the clues can take a bit of time.
    I was wondering whether any one from the Castle would be interested in doing the route as a meet. Small groups can do the whole route or /and I can “lead” the whole a or shortened version allowing the group to find the numbers and solve the clue. There is a really nice 10-12 mile route, quite beautiful and visiting areas we don’t normally go to. I think the long version would take 9 hours at least unless done at a quite fast pace,
    If those not free during the week would like to do it , I can do it at a weekend or If not can do it mid week. I might be able to do a lovely shortened version.
    If not many are interested I will be doing it with the Derwent Club early July.
    Let me know,
    PS if you plan to do it, don’t google it too much as it will spoil the day.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.