Information Covis-19

Home Forums Messages click here Information Covis-19

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alison Milne
    Participant

Guidance and information nhs staff have had so I’m passing on…it’s very long but well worth a read….

NHS staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
    The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
    The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
    Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
    The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
    Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun’s UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
    The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
    If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
    When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
    The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
    Washing your hands is essential.
    The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
    You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
    Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ….

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

Ali

John Barnard
    Participant

I’m not sure where Ali got this advice from, but I’m afraid that large parts of it (especially the bit about holding your breath for 10 secs) are a HOAX which has been fairly well debunked on various reputable websites over the last couple of weeks. It was also cited as a myth in an item I saw on the BBC News channel this morning.

See for example https://www.thatsnonsense.com/holding-breath-for-10-seconds-detects-coronavirus-fact-check/

There does seem to be SOME sensible advice in the message (e.g. washing your hands often), but there is a lot of complete rubbish.
    Also note that the disease is called Covid-19, not Covis-19.
    JB

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

I have hesitated to respond to this email, but a lot of the information it contains is not accurate or useful. There is a lot of nonsense out on the internet and as a retired ICU nurse manager I would recommend that people stick to the genuine NHS guidelines at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.