- July 9, 2018 at 5:16 pm #12287
Bill and I now hope to be at the campsite, Nichalston Farm, on Friday night. We’ve paid a deposit, and we are booked under the name of Castle Mountaineering Club.. Free wifi, dog friendly, right on the beach, close to the climbing, onsite tearoom, rather expensive.
I think I read something on the website about not being able to arrive after 9.30pm. Will check on this
Grid ref SS518885
Here are directions
For those arriving by car take junction 42 off the M4 and head towards Swansea. Follow signs for Gower, leading you onto the A4118. Continue to follow signs for Gower, past a small airport. Continue on the A4118, drive through the village of Penmaen then into Nicholaston. Take a left hand turn at the signed crossroads for ‘Beynons Farm Caravan and Campsite’. Please note that when using our postcode SA3 2HL you may be incorrectly directed right at this crossroads.
See you there. Looks like I’ll have to do some climbing this weekend. Tight rope please BillJuly 10, 2018 at 7:09 am #12292
Myself and Kial have booked an extra night and are hoping to arrive on the Thursday evening, ready to head out exploring first thing Friday. The chap at the campsite is aware that we’re altogether with the club so if you want to pitch up near us, look for the teepee bell tent.
There’s surfing and Stand UP Paddle boarding close by!….I’m getting distracted……stick with the climbing.
See you there.
GemmaJuly 10, 2018 at 9:32 am #12293
I intend to leave Bristol around 3pm on Friday. If the traffic is unusually good I should be there around 6.
I’m fairly keen to head over to Fall Bay or Mewslade on Saturday as I was climbing on Little Tors and Three Cliffs quite recently.
Unfortunately I have people coming over on Sunday night so I need to leave early but should be able to do a few routes.July 12, 2018 at 12:14 pm #12298
scrap that last post. we’re coming down Friday evening. We’ll see everyone then.
GemmaJuly 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm #12299
Good idea re the climb on Fri eve, but I doubt Bill and I will be down in time. Below is info from the campsite. Croissants with my morning coffee sound just perfect.
Not long now before you come to us this weekend. The weather forecast is looking good!
We’re all looking forward to welcoming you to Nicholaston Farm Camping on Gower and hope your journey goes without difficulty. We don’t know of anything that’s likely to disrupt your run down at the moment; just the usual traffic problems particularly if you’re coming Friday afternoon.
When you get here we’ll get you checked in and pitched as quickly as we can. Here are a few tips to make your arrival and check-in go as smoothly as possible:
• SatNav is good, but not infallible! If you haven’t stayed with us before please be aware that right at the end of your journey your SatNav will probably tell you to turn right off the A4118 – please don’t do that. The correct instruction would be to turn left (look for our signs) and this will bring you directly into the site.
• On arrival please come into our reception. We will need:
• your vehicle registration number, and
• a £10 cash deposit for your field barrier key fob that enables you to get your vehicle into and out of your field.
A couple of other things you may wish to consider:
• We offer bacon, sausage or egg sandwiches to eat in or takeaway until 11:30am.
• Bread, Croissants and Pain-au-Chocolats are baked freshly every morning from 8:00am.
• We offer purchase with cashback on debit card payments – minimum purchase £5. (The nearest free-to-use ATM to us is 7 miles away).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.