Galloway hut meet, 11th-13th October, Balloch o'Dee

Home Forums Messages click here Galloway hut meet, 11th-13th October, Balloch o'Dee

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar David Crowther 5 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

I have booked the same accommodation as we had in Sep 2017, at the delightfully eccentric Balloch o’Dee, about 5 miles west of Newton Stewart. The last visit, in 2017, was great and a return was requested.
    We will only have 6 people in the Ranch House this time, but if more than 6 want to go there is other accommodation there (bring a sleeping bag and pillow) or you can camp or park your campervan.
    As last time I have booked 3 nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) because of the time it takes to get there. I can offer a couple of places in my car if anyone needs a lift.

There is excellent cycling (on and off-road) and walking, plus some interesting climbing if the weather is clement. Twitchers should find autumn migrants on the Solway Firth, and there is plenty of history around – as well as some good tea shops.

If you want to sign up then please reply below, and send £36 per person to Kathy or the club account, marked Galloway. If there is a surplus then it will be used toward communal meals,

Those going are: Dave C,

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Time to start thinking ahead – only 5 places available at Balloch O’Dee October 11-13, unless you want to camp or van it.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Galloway is the next away meet, 3 nights at Balloch O’Dee 11th-13th October. A lovely spot on the edge of the Galloway Forest Park with cycling, walking, climbing and paddling to do. Also good bird-watching areas and plenty of local history (the bloody borders).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.