Galloway hut meet, 11th-13th October, Balloch o'Dee

Home Forums Messages click here Galloway hut meet, 11th-13th October, Balloch o'Dee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Crowther
    Keymaster

I have booked the same accommodation as we had in Sep 2017, at the delightfully eccentric Balloch o’Dee, about 5 miles west of Newton Stewart. The last visit, in 2017, was great and a return was requested.
    We will only have 6 people in the Ranch House this time, but if more than 6 want to go there is other accommodation there (bring a sleeping bag and pillow) or you can camp or park your campervan.
    As last time I have booked 3 nights (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) because of the time it takes to get there. I can offer a couple of places in my car if anyone needs a lift.

There is excellent cycling (on and off-road) and walking, plus some interesting climbing if the weather is clement. Twitchers should find autumn migrants on the Solway Firth, and there is plenty of history around – as well as some good tea shops.

If you want to sign up then please reply below, and send £36 per person to Kathy or the club account, marked Galloway. If there is a surplus then it will be used toward communal meals,

Those going are: Dave C,

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Time to start thinking ahead – only 5 places available at Balloch O’Dee October 11-13, unless you want to camp or van it.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Galloway is the next away meet, 3 nights at Balloch O’Dee 11th-13th October. A lovely spot on the edge of the Galloway Forest Park with cycling, walking, climbing and paddling to do. Also good bird-watching areas and plenty of local history (the bloody borders).

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Is NO-ONE interested in the Galloway meet (Oct 11-13)? The club has paid £180 for hire of the bunkhouse. At present it looks as if I’ll be there on my own.

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Still only me going to Galloway on 11th Oct….. I’m quite happy to do so, but if anyone else would like to come along, there are another 5 spaces that the club has paid for. Walking, climbing, cycling, canoeing all available there.
    I’ll be doing some walks from the new Cicerone guide https://www.cicerone.co.uk/walking-the-galloway-hills-1

Also autumn migrant birds on the Solway, and some great tea shops!

David Crowther
    Keymaster

Still only me going to Galloway on 11th Oct….. I’m quite happy to do so, but if anyone else would like to come along, there are another 5 spaces that the club has paid for. Walking, climbing, cycling, canoeing all available there.
    I’ll be doing some walks from the new Cicerone guide https://www.cicerone.co.uk/walking-the-galloway-hills-1

Also autumn migrant birds on the Solway, and some great tea shops!

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Gutted we cant make it but jo and myself are in Tenerife never been to Galloway either hopefully there will be another meet in that part of the world

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.