Fri 3- Sun 5th September, Bellingham Northumbria

Home Forums Messages click here Fri 3- Sun 5th September, Bellingham Northumbria

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Elen Rees
    Participant

I wanted a seaside campsite instead I have been seduced by the charms of the beautiful and peaceful village Bellingham: home to hidden waterfalls, walking routes in abundance, wild swimming, tame but glorious cycling and Shitlington Crag.
    What’s more the owners sound delightful and the campsite is small, quiet and almost perfectly formed ( or so 66% of reviewers report).
    For the climbers just short drive away is Great Wanney, 104 routes many with too many stars to count on both thumbs and set on probably the most spectacular sandstone crag in Northumbria. East Wooburn is also close while Crag Lough is 30 mins drive away.
    For the walkers here are four ideas:
    (https://shepherdswalks.co.uk/store/walking_guides/walk_packs,_4_walks_in_each_pack/walks_in_bellingham_and_redesdale).
    The campsite has showers, clean and imaginative toilets and is a mere £10 per person per night. Dogs and electric are extra. Parrots are probably free. BBQs allowed but not fire pits
    I’m sure people will want to extend their stay so book yourself in but if you like to be sociable please do say you are part of CMC.
    Details Demesne Farm Campsite , Bellingham NE48 2BS Tel: (01434) 220258 Mob: (07967) 396345 Email: stay@demesnefarmcampsite.co.uk. http://www.demesnefarmcampsite.co.uk
    PS. Don’t leave it too late to book

Elen Rees
    Participant

sadly there is an error on the two website links I put into the above message.
    So for info on the campsite google “demesne farm campsite , bellingham”
    for info on the walk ideas google “shepherd walks in bellingham “

Elen Rees
    Participant

sadly there is an error on the two website links I put into the above message.
    So for info on the campsite google “demesne farm campsite , bellingham”
    for info on the walk ideas google “shepherd walks in bellingham ”

Also please could you let me know if you are planning on coming so I have an idea on numbers

Chris Lunn
    Participant

Jo and myself will come we would like the electric hook up as well

Chris

Elen Rees
    Participant

Interest already. Just so that people know what’s happening can people post if they are planning to spend a few extra days there.
    Also to make it easier please can you book yourselves in, that way you can sort your own dates and electric etc
    Chris, Ive booked you and Jo in when I made our booking – tent with electric the two days.
    Other interest from
    Dick and Lin
    Hazel and Steve
    Gordon and Maya.
    ( The campsite doesn’t offer room for ponies but I didnt ask about parrots!)

vanda boyd
    Participant

I’ve booked in on a non electric tent pitch for myself as Vanda is away walking the SW Coadt Path so we will be about as far apart as possible in England! Will need a climbing partner to lead me I easy routes or flat cycling. The golf clubs might also be in the car in case they’re needed, there are some excellent courses around there I used to go to in the 70s/80’s!!

Paul Embley
    Keymaster

I’ve booked a motorhome pitch – assuming the bl**dy van is still running in September!

Russ Clare
    Participant

Me and Lynne are booked Thursday to Sunday.
    Parrots may well be free, but the extra cost for our emu was too much, so we’re leaving it at home in the hope it doesn’t trash the house!

David Crowther
    Keymaster

I’m booked in for 2 nights but thinking of staying longer, either there or somewhere else in the NE. Anyone else making a longer holiday of it?
    EDIT: have extended the booking, Thursday to Wednesday

Dick Murton
    Participant

We have booked in from Thursday night, originally intending to stay until the following Thursday, but will probably shorten that to Monday or Tuesday. I think David & Linda are booked in Thursday to Thursday, Pete and Jane are, again I think, Thursday to Monday.

Elen Rees
    Participant

Lovely that lots of people are booked on to the Northumbria weekend. Lots of people arriving Thursday and staying the long weekend with David and Linda staying a week. Someone else may go on to the coast after the weekend. .
    A friend of ours, Thelma, has also booked on and will be arriving Thursday.. There will also be a parrot, dogs and an emu..
    Still time to book. See link in this thread or contact me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.